Salesforce announced at its World Tour in Sydney that it is renaming Pardot and a number of various Marketing Cloud products. Pardot, Salesforce's b2b marketing automation tool, will be renamed Marketing Cloud Account Engagement.
This major move is aimed at unifying the marketing offering into one "marketing suite." As part of this merger, not only will Pardot be named Marketing Cloud Account Engagement, but also plenty of Salesforce products will also be renamed.
A brief overview of the new product names:
- Pardot >> Marketing Cloud Account Engagement
- CDP >> Marketing Cloud Customer Data Platform
- Interaction Studio >> Marketing Cloud Personalization
- Email Studio, Mobile Studio, Advertising Studio and Journey Builder >> Marketing Cloud Engagement
- Advertising Studio >> Marketing Cloud Advertising
- Datorama >> Marketing Cloud Intelligence
- myTrailhead >> Salesforce Sales Enablement
- Salesforce CMS >> Digital Experiences
Salesforce EVP & GM Digital Experiences Lidiane Jones explained the name change in an official announcement: „The Marketing Cloud portfolio is now more aligned with the language marketers already use, so the capabilities and value are easier to understand. For example, many marketers are looking for the capability and value of real-time Personalization, not an “Interaction Studio” solution.“
The first changes are to be made to the company's marketing and sales materials, as well as its website. The updates to the products themselves, as well as the support documents, will not be rolled out until later in 2022.
Despite the name change, there will be no immediate changes to the login access, the URLs or the product infrastructure. The usual product functionalities, pricing and bundles will not be adapted.
Salesforce is taking the next step toward a one-stop store for your marketing tools - unifying the technology and providing some clarity is extremely positive given the multitude of tools.